So where did last week go, I'm wondering. Monday I've already mentioned below. Tuesday, Daughter was laid up at home with a leg problem and couldn't drive - though fortunately could work from home - so I had to drive over to do cheering up with cream cakes. Wednesday and Thursday the impending end of the financial year suddenly dawned on me so I spent those days, surrounded by paperwork and emails, reading up on the HMRC site to catch up on the changes brought in by the new finance act - and talking to accountants when I couldn't find what I needed - I missed a deadline in November which lost a lot of work already done due to the change in the online system and I couldn't bear to go through that again!.
Friday morning I got out early to get to the Craft show which was being held just down the road. It took 20 mins to go from the junction into the carpark, and the show itself was already packed when I got in. Many thanks to the lovely lady who sold me an advance ticket that she didn't need - I never buy tickets in advance in case I can't go so it was nice to have the saving and the vouchers. Did get the couple of items I wanted and managed only to buy one thing not on my list - some pom-pon yarn, so I felt reasonably virtuous. A lot of people were complaining about the poor catering arrangements as the queues were terrible, and most people were surprised at how busy it was so early. The nicest thing was talking to other people in the various queues - I met a lady who runs a wool shop locally that I didn't know about. The majority of the stalls were bead or cardmaking so I wasn't as tempted as I might have been. Staggered home in time to get M's lunch - I bought her a scarf which she is very pleased with, so for once I'm in favour!
Unfortunately, we had to cancel a Mother's Day outing due to Daughter's lack of mobility and the weekend flew past as I tried to catch up with shopping and housework, so now I'm back to Monday with a week that promises various trips to check on D's cat who is poorly, the car needing an MOT and service - also a 10 mile trip to garage - and more accounting to be sorted.
Just heard that husband's A level student got an A in her resit which is pleasing. She's now on to more interesting texts so he's enjoying the teaching more - which leads to a quieter life all round!
Camera has now given up completely, so unless I can borrow H's or find a suitable photo on line, this blog is going to be a bit dull for a while, sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment