Malvern was looking lovely in the sunshine and Sir Edward (Elgar) was at his post gazing out over the view, surrounded by flowers. I'm not sure what he'd think of the drink prohibited sign the council has planted just behind him though! What's he looking at?
The view from here down Church Street and out towards the Severn Vale, (click to enlarge for a better view) though like me he'd probably prefer it if the modern building on the left didn't exist. Ilona's blog entry, 'We have no time' includes the W H Davies poem, which rings as true today as it ever did:
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
We have no time to stand and stare.
The gallery in the row of shops behind him has a window full of dogstops which are rather appealing, I think.
A very tall tree, belonging to unfriendly neighbours, obscures the fourth storey view from my study (as well as making the kitchen and bathroom dark on its way up). A pigeon has built a haphazard nest within perfect view of the window, but I rather fear it won't be successful as the tree whips about in any strong wind, sometimes bending 20 or 30 degrees to left or right. It seems totally unconcerned with my efforts to converse with it on the subject and steadfastly looks the other way if addressed.
Realised over the last week of enforced inactivity, that I'm in danger of setting myself too many deadlines instead of enjoying what I make. Crafting has been difficult whilst I've been unable to look down without pain, so I've concentrated on sorting out fabrics etc and just sitting with my feet up - husband regards watching daytime television as the next thing to selling your soul but I have managed a couple of videos whilst he's been teaching, which made a nice change. Still had to keep M's routine going though, nothing short of being at death's door is allowed to interfere there!
Back to knitting and sewing now - and hoping the infection doesn't reappear after the anti-biotics wear off. Jane Brocket's lovely quilting book arrived just as I was looking for an excuse to lounge on the sofa and needing some inspiration.
EDIT: sorry that the link to the Iapetus gallery wasn't working, should be OK now. Jane x
EDIT: sorry that the link to the Iapetus gallery wasn't working, should be OK now. Jane x



2 comments:
Sometimes a little enforced inactivity is good for clearing the mind and it's great that you can refocus on enjoying crafting instead of deadlines (which in my experience usually throttle the life out of any joy in making anything). Still I hope that those antibiotics do the trick and you find a little inspiration for a new project in your new book!
oh I haven't been to Malvern for ages... must visit soon!
I love walking on the hills, don't you?
Post a Comment