I'm sitting here waiting for the delivery of some fat rascals from Betty's as a treat for H's birthday. But we shan't eat them until tomorrow.
Today is H's 60th birthday and he's gone off by train to London to do things he likes. M is incredulous that he wants to celebrate by himself and I didn't want to go (conveniently forgetting that someone has to provide her with meals and drinks whilst she sits glued to the French Open Tennis) but it's his birthday and he must do as he pleases - musical things which don't appeal to me in the slightest -so why waste a train fare? He's certainly got the weather for it, it's wonderful here. The air first thing this morning when I went outside was just fabulous - warm and slightly scented and very clear. He's just texted to say he's reached his destination - train was a bit complicated as he needed to be there at noon, so daughter took him to Birmingham International. He's coming back to Worcester, and we're all meeting up for dinner (lovely not to have to cook it). He has another trip planned on Saturday to attend the AGM of a musical society he belongs to which is meeting in Oxford, so I shall put him on the train at Malvern. I'm certainly not going to that one!
I really ought to be looking at accounts but I can't get very motivated at the moment - and I'd only have to stop to do M's lunch.
Edit, 14.29: Fat rascals arrived - the Betty's by post site is wonderfully efficient, I always find. Several more texts from H charting his progress through the day - hope he doesn't miss the train home!
Edit, 14.29: Fat rascals arrived - the Betty's by post site is wonderfully efficient, I always find. Several more texts from H charting his progress through the day - hope he doesn't miss the train home!

1 comment:
Oh, Betty's website. Oh, oh, oh! And by post!
Many happy returns to H, and all the best for the Frech Open.
Post a Comment