Monday, 19 July 2010


I've been looking for gates and doors and door furniture to photograph for an art project .  I thought I was fairly familiar with Worcester city centre, but it's amazing what's there when you really look - especially through a camera lens.

I loved the way this little public right of way leads through a door of a medieval house.

This lovely little courtyard links to several others full of shops and cafes.  This still a bank -


But these aren't quite so lucky:


But this shop is still serving its purpose


And, unlike St Swithuns which is being lovingly preserved, this Georgian church has become a restaurant


Though it has been cleaned and some of its stonework preserved.


It has quite an interesting history - perhaps just as well if diners don't know about the body in the tower?

2 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Lovely post Jee. I love doors and gateways - they make me want to know what's on the other side. It is ture that it's amazing what is out there once you start looking isn't it and there are certainly some lovely buildings and intriguing alleyways etc in Worcester to judge by your post.

Jane

CATHY DANIEL said...

This is something I always try to do when I visit towns - the shop fronts are always the same, but above the shop window line, the architecture is what still makes each place unique and well worth photographing, as you have shown with your great pictures.