Friday, 14 January 2011

Conversation

M:  Can you do my mid-morning drink early, I want to sit in the bathroom between 11.00 and 11.30 this morning.

H: I can, but why do you want to sit in the bathroom?

M: I want to listen to a radio programme on Radio4, about the Rotary Club.

H: But why can't you listen to it on the radio by your chair?

M: Oh, that's no good, I shan't be able to hear the President of Rotary on a DAB radio - I shall use that good old-fashioned one in the bathroom.

H (baffled): Okay..

5 comments:

Lalabibaby @ Dreaming of The Simple Life said...

That's so funny Jee .... these DAB radios are OK but I have to keep swapping over with a good old fashioned one to listen to the local station. Are you warming the seat up for M too?? ;-)

WinnibriggsHouse said...

The things you have to do!! At least you made me smile, and it's proof that not all modern technology is the 'best'.

Relatively Retiring said...

There's more than a touch of James Thurber in these conversations. Do you know his story of his Aunt who kept plugs/lightbulbs in every socket, otherwise the electricity leaked out?

menopausalmusing said...

Oh THANK YOU for brightening my day with this one. Laughing my head off at the comments too......

A Bun Can Dance said...

That's a very funny exchange!
We don't have DAB here and only the old fashioned radio, so I can totally understand the need for it!
D x