Saturday, 9 July 2011

Postman's knocking again...

The card I had to make this time was for Jo on the theme of 'Yee ha!  Ride 'em Cowboy'.   I know several people have found this a difficult theme - though you wouldn't think so from the resulting cards,  but as well as the Britain's farm animals and horses I have, which I recently blogged about for the Collections theme, I also had some lovely little swoppit cowboys (so called because their bodies came apart and you could swap heads, legs , bodies and accessories to make different combination - though they're a bit ancient for such games now!).  After a bit of fiddling around with photo backgrounds and various ideas, I came up with this:



The caption reads:   The gang were amazed when Billy the Kid showed up - they were expecting someone taller'.   It seemed to fit the bill, especially as I was able to turn their heads around to look at the newcomer with something like astonishment!

On my theme of Water, I received a really lovely hand drawn and coloured card from Jo 



I just love the little pairs of of feet peeking out of the water.  Thanks, Jo, I love it.

2 comments:

Pam said...

That's really impressive water, not to say legs.

menopausalmusing said...

Aha! so THAT explains the cowboy at the back's ability to swivel his head right round! This card made me smile, so funny using the little goat......