Sometimes - though rarely these days, they mange to make it into a sketch book in their own right (not always totally well proportioned as I tend to draw horses with too small heads having kept breeds with neat dished faces and small ears when we had horses in the 1980's).
And sometimes they even get to be in colour - even if they haven't any legs!
So when I saw this chap in an online sale at Great Art, I couldn't resist him. For years I coveted a beautiful mahogany one in the window of a artist's materials shop in Croydon but he was way too pricey for my pocket. (they had an elephant too, but that's a whole other story!).
Now loping elegantly across my work table - though I see someone has knocked into him since he was last posed - he's a lot nicer in reality than he looks in the photo!
6 comments:
Wonderful. It would be great to see some of your drawings that are supported by the figure, when you do some -- just to see if there's a visible difference. You already do lovely ones, though.
What a treat Jane. I know how much you love your horses so I suspect he now has pride of place on your desk.It's lovely to see your drawings. Drawing horses frightens the life out of me but you have a passion for them and it shows in your end results.
oh wow, you're so talented!!
I could never draw a horse that looks like a horse... never.
Wow, you're very artistic.
Oh wow, your horses are wonderful - your doodled ones just as much as your 'proper' ones. I really like the wooden horse, a thing of beauty in its own right.
I missed this post somehow Jane. What a lovely set of drawings and I also agree with Joanna that the wooden horse is really rather a beautiful object in its own right.
Post a Comment