Sunday, 14 October 2012

Early one morning....

Some mornings lately have been fabulous despite the few grim foggy grey days.





We've had silvery mornings.   And some truly golden mornings -





And we've had mornings where balloons drifted across the sky or sunk slowly out of the sky into the surrounding fields -












And the early morning light has been magical against the late flowering plants in the new border -


And the trees which are now turning -


But the best morning was the one when were woken by the telephone in the dark early hours to the news that we had a grand-daughter.  The excitement of the wait had been tempered by a lot of worry but she is, of course, absolutely worth it.  Unfortunately, H has flu so I can't go and see her at present and I shan't be posting her photo on my blog so you'll have to take my word for it that she is beautiful.

8 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Congratulations - I wouldn't post photos either and will certainly take your word for her beauty! Glad you are enjoying some lovely mornings and evenings too - it makes winter a little bit shorter if autumn has been good doesn't it.

Joanna said...

Many congratulations, what wonderful news :) I'll happily believe you when you say she is beautiful.

Beautiful photos, absolutely stunning views.

xx

ps get well soon H so you can both go and see baby (does baby have a name yet?).

busybusybeejay said...

Congratulations.She will bring you so much joy and happiness.Is this your first grandchild?

Anonymous said...

How lovely to have a grand-daughter, congratulations to all concerned.

Your images are beautiful.

menopausalmusing said...

Beautiful golden morning photos. What views you have....
Wonderful news of the safe arrival of a little one. So precious.

Relatively Retiring said...

I've been privileged to see a photo and can confirm that she's a beautiful baby, looking calm, composed and positively angelic.
Jee and I have been running almost neck-and-neck in the grandmother stakes, so it's wonderful to know of this safe arrival.

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Congratulations Jane. Of course she is beautiful. All babies are aren't they? I bet you're chomping at the bit but I'm sure that will just make it all the more special when you get to hold her for the first time.

ted and bunny said...

Jayne that is THE most wonderful news.
Thankyou for cheering my morning with that, and the beautiful photos and thanks for your kind comment.
I hope all is well with you,
xx