Sunday, 23 December 2012

Signing off...






The terrible light in this photo taken yesterday gives you some indication of how dull it's been outside.  Mercifully, we don't flood here but my heart goes out to everyone who has been.




The presents are wrapped (no prizes for guessing that the largest amount is for the smallest person), the food has been delivered by the nice man from Abel & Cole and the fridge is full to bursting.  The clementines above have already been reduced - well we had to try them out, and we've had the usual debates about whether we need more cheese, bread, sherry?  And H is proposing a trip to the French bakers tomorrow, so goodness knows what he'll come back with.  Tomorrow I shall do everything that can be done in advance - including cooking turkey for M who won't eat the duck we always have instead.

So, I hope you all have a lovely Christmas, and I'll be back next year. X

5 comments:

Joanna said...

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

xx

Jee said...

Thank you, Joanna. I hope you have a great Christmas too.

Country Cottage Chic said...

Wishing you a very merry Christmas & a fabulous 2013!

Jayne
x

Run Quilt Knit Write said...

Happy Christmas! (And I'll reiterate what I have said before - I truly think you are a saint with your MIL. I hope deep down she really appreciates how lucky she is to have you!)

menopausalmusing said...

Have a wonderful Christmas, with a lovely new small person it will make it all the more special I am sure.