So here we are yet again in Narnia - we still have the gas lamps to prove it, but as the nearest one is too far away to walk to in the falling snow, have a look here, and here, if you don't believe me!
I'm willing to concede that the snow is very pretty at the moment - it's all over the trees and roofs but not settling on the roads and paths - my kind of snow. Just in case, I did get out this morning to buy bread, and was lucky to have enough time to have coffee with Judith from Relatively Retiring blog and meet two of her friends. She had a woodburning stove going so it was nice and cosy, and I was reluctant to leave, but 'the schedule' called!
It's actually snowing again now but very wet so I don't think we'll be snowed up at the moment. The grey sky has leached all the colour out of the landscape - these aren't black and white photos.
I'm working up the energy to go out into the garden to put a new baffle on the bird feeder (the old one was smashed when the pole fell over in the last lot of high wind. The squirrel is eating so much of the food the birds are really missing out, just when they need it most.
Hope it's warmer and less snowy where you are - unless snow's your thing, in which case please have some of ours :-) . If you want to see real snow, have a look on Amanda Soule's blog Soulemama. I'm so relieved we haven't had these blizzard conditions here. Keep safe you people in the US.
I'm working up the energy to go out into the garden to put a new baffle on the bird feeder (the old one was smashed when the pole fell over in the last lot of high wind. The squirrel is eating so much of the food the birds are really missing out, just when they need it most.
Hope it's warmer and less snowy where you are - unless snow's your thing, in which case please have some of ours :-) . If you want to see real snow, have a look on Amanda Soule's blog Soulemama. I'm so relieved we haven't had these blizzard conditions here. Keep safe you people in the US.
4 comments:
We have 6 to 8 centimetres of snow here and the roads have turned to nasty slush. I do dislike it so.
Narnia, haha! Yes we had snow last night and more today. All the children at school were ecstatic with joy while all the adults (me included) groaned. Enough is enough, I say, bring on Spring.
x
Snowing here again at the moment, Toffeeapple - slush to come! C.S Lewis is reputed to have been inspired by our gas lamps, Joanna and Tolkien by the landscape - to date I've not seen a faun or a hobbit but the gas lamps in the snow are lovely.
It should be spring! What's this snow stuff? (Louisa, by the way.)
Post a Comment