My daughter has two pregnant friends at the moment, one of whom is expecting twins, so I've been raiding the stash to try and get some things knitted. The little wrap over sweater above is from a french pattern by Bouton D'or. It comes in translation but this particular one had been a bit scrambled in the process - left and right had been confused in several places and not consistently so it was a bit of a trial and error job.
Having determined not to buy yarn, I now find buttons very much in short supply so will have to find a site that sells assorted buttons in bulk as those little cards have become horrendiously expensive, I think.
This little blue waistcoat is quite cute but uses 10-12 buttons depending on the size. I thought it might be a useful garment to add an extra layer on top of a sleepsuit.
Unfortunately, time gained by not having to knit sleeves is lost again by having to knit front, neck and armhole borders containing buttonholes. The blue yarn is some of my Australia bounty and knits as 4ply - I don't know its content but it's very soft and machine washes OK.

I'm now knitting a pink cardigan in another 4ply which I know is machine washable wool - hope one of the three babies is a girl! Everyone we know who has had a baby in the last two years, has had a boy, so the pink cardi may have to wait with the little lavender pinafore I knitted a few months ago. Found a grateful home for the sailor jumper though!
We've been plagued by technology this week. Husband's laptop has a broken screen which sometimes works and sometimes goes black so he has to link up to a monitor, my camera doesn't hold the charge in its battery for more than an hour, and the central heating needs an expensive powerflush - hate the end of January.....

No comments:
Post a Comment