Went with H to Tewkesbury yesterday. I don't normally go to these organ recitals but H is still feeling a bit off colour and a occasionally a bit dizzy so I went as driver. There are so many fantastic buildings in Tewkesbury that you're spoilt for choice (lots more photos here) but it was quite busy and crowded on the pavements so I confined myself to just a few. Firstly, doors from the Abbey - see the site above for pictures of the beautiful interior:
Then, wandering into the town to get some items for M from Boots, we suddenly noticed this:
Not a wonderful photo because to step back further I would have been in the road on a blind corner, but I did get a bit more detail of the door frame:
And what, I hear you ask, is behind this impressive doorway? Well if you've already enlarged the first picture, you'll know. It's the outer door to a dentist's surgery!





6 comments:
hiya- just stuffing a chelsea bun and coffee (awful job I know, but someone's gotta do it!) while reading your lovely blog- what beautiful photos!
I can empathise with the lack of Sky- we have woods and trees all around and cannot get a signal at all, nor do we have Digital yet, just a rather remote rural transmitter that cuts-out at the merest hint of inclement weather!
While I'm happy to occupy myself with other things, I must admit the stream of moans, swear words and general disgruntlement coming from the other end of the sofa is somewhat distracting !!
I agree with your thoughts about poor sleep, I have found just stepping-back a little seems to have improved such a lot of things for me. I don't know how I managed to get so bogged down in the first place...probably we don't make allowances for age and carry on as we've always done?
Thanks for all your kind comments, xx
I have only been to Tewkesbury once but thought it very beautiful and couldn't help noticing all those lovely details, too. I love the thought of those craftsmen from long ago planning out their designs.
Thanks for your comment over at mine. I think that sometimes the fear of interruption is the worst thing. Finding a way through... that's what it's all about... good luck with your journey. x
Never been there but want to now.
Absolutely love the carvings on the door.
I much enjoy your photos, which bring new life to places I know well.
Hi Jee
As you know I have spent many hours in the Abbey whilst Tom was a chorister there, the acoustice are incredible, and what a lunchtime treat recitals in a fabulous setting with brilliant acoustics and brilliant musicians.
I urge anyone that is in Tewkesbury to walk around looking up as there are so many beautiful carvings like the ones you have shown.
Tracey
ps thanks for the comments
Post a Comment