Many of you will be all too familiar with the views from the top floor of this house, but it seemed a good test for the zoom on the new camera. Above is the tower at Upton-on- Severn (about 7 miles away), and below, in the other direction, Worcester Cathedral (about 10 miles or so). It wasn't the brightest of days but I'm quite impressed by the detail.
I also took these flowers, which my lovely brother-in-law in Australia sent for my birthday ,with the macro setting.
And lastly, a couple of outdoors shots. First, one of the Malvern Water fountains - of which there are many dotted around the hills, where you can collect the mineral water directly from the source. It's absolutely lovely, very cold and fresh. The wells come in many shapes and sizes, from Victorian edificies to plain stand pipes, this is a more elaborate one that stands on the terrace at the top of the town by the Elgar statue which I 've mentioned before. Near it is one of the Malvern gas lamps - one of which is reputed to have inspired C.S Lewis to include the lampost in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
I haven't cropped or edited any of these as I'm still finding out what the camera does, but I'm really enjoying having a good working camera again. Hope you don't all get too fed up with me sharing my efforts!





5 comments:
How could we get fed up with such lovely photos. Glad you are enjoying your new camera and I for one will enjoy seeing more of your pictures.
Jane
That is a good camera..... to zoom to Upton and Worcester is real paparazzi stuff!
I use an Olympus E-520 which I am still finding my way around....so many different settings.
However, I tend to just stick it on auto, point and shoot.... works fine for me.
Mmm....I can taste that icy cold, Malvern water right now...
Julie x
What great views of the Pepperpot at Upton and over to Worcester.
I heartily dislike that Malvernia fountain, but it looks almost passable in your photo. Almost!
The flowers are all lovely.
Continue to have lots of fun.
No, I'm no fan of the Malvernia fountain either, Judith, I was just interested to see what the camera did with all the different textures.
Husband, who is more of a whizz with editing software, has cropped the Cathedral photo and increased it several times - it looks like a soft focus Monet!
I'm pleased with the camera so far - it seems to do everything I want. Know what you mean about Malvern water, Julie - you've only got to think about it to feel thirsty!
Share to your heart's content......... how wonderful to have such a great "toy" in your hands, you will have endless fun I am sure. Great photos!
Post a Comment