Thank you to the people who emailed to ask if I was OK! I was/am fine but our broadband connection has been sick. In fact we've been suffering a technology blight - we had two evenings with no TV signal last weekend, both computers have been struggling for unknown reasons and the broadband signal has been totally unreliable.
Not a lot has happened over the last fortnight really. I collected my new specs but the pressure in my right eye hasn't dropped so I expect I'll need to go back to the hospital - waiting for optician to write to GP at present. The flowers above, and a lot more, came from my brother-in-law for our anniversary but the deliverers got the date wrong - no matter, they are really beautiful and are lasting well. I also had two huge parcels from Australia containing some of my late sister's things - to our horror the customs charges were about 10 times the value so I shall query them next week. BIL sent payment via Western Union but I'm still appalled by the duty and VAT on items which have purely sentimental value.
I was thinking yesterday that although I haven't seen my brother-in-law for 14 years now, he's been part of my life for 54! My sister was 13 years older than me and I was 4 when she first met him, and 8 when I was a bridesmaid at her wedding. They went to Australia when I was 18. I worry now that he's very isolated as their children live in other far-flung parts of Australia - Skype is a blessing though as we can all communicate without bankrupting ourselves.
Weather has been variable but we've had a few good days, haven't we? Having less problem with the photo uploads now but I don't like the new system at all.


7 comments:
Glad you are OK. Love that view photo.
Jane
It looks as if there are snow-capped mountains in Malvern, as well as where I am in Kazakhstan. Have things changed so much in such a short time?
You don't realise how reliant you are on technology till there are "blips", do you? Our router has been playing up and wreaking havoc with day to day life. Hope you got out and about to the Flea Fair.
No snow capped mountains, Judith, but some great weather interspersed with dull days. Glad you're enjoying Kazakhstan.
Didn't manage the Flea Fair, Cathy, but perhaps next time.
I got caught out by custom charges too... it's really annoying!
Glad to hear you're ok.
Beautiful flowers - hope you had a happy anniversary. Good luck with getting the customs charges dropped - I hope they see sense! J x
I found you on my daughter's blog (Sue, at Mouse Notebook), witha comment about leaving older books alone and not 'updating' them! I totally agree - they were written in the stle and thought pattern of the times and should beleft alone! Have you read Margery Allingham's books? Deliciously sexist, but a good read all the same!
Happy Anniversary, if its not too late. Our Golden Wedding is in a couple of weeks! Makes me feel so old!
Post a Comment