Friday, 3 December 2010

Fragments


Some weeks ago, Elaine, at Ted and Bunny, posted this and kindly said I could use the photo in my art project which is using architectural fragments as a basis for a collection of drawings.  I've really enjoyed my first attempt - done in pastel, and hope to try again with soft pencil.  Blogger refuses to post the second photo the right way round so please imagine it turned through 90 degees.  The current light has turned the colour rather more blue than the original.
This last few days have been very fragmented - we can just about get the car out if necessary, though the top of our cul-de-sac is very icy and no grit between us and the main road.  I've been doing small amounts of crafting, cooking, drawing and sewing  - and the inevitable end of year accounting has started to impinge again.  It also occured to me that I hadn't properly acknowledged the lovely give-away I won from Chrissie at Niminy Fingers:

This lovely little bird and its garland of bobbles are trying valiantly to brighten up my study - and making it even more obvious that I really must smarten up of all the pine shelving and cupboards with a good coat of white paint - now would be a good time except that I can't have the windows open - perhaps better wait for better weather.
I'm still slogging on with the slides that need converting - currently I'm in Spain in 1963!  The various and miscellaneous were great fun as one minute we were in a 1950's summer garden and next on a 1970 cruise.  More of that another time.  If you're wondering why a lot of posts have disappeared, I had to remove them at the request of one of M's friends.  I think it's unreasonable but I decided it was anything for a quiet life.
 



Still hoping that we shall be able to get M to hospital on Tuesday to have her cataract removed - fingers crossed that we shan't get too much more snow.

4 comments:

A Bun Can Dance said...

Hello Jane
Thank you for popping by :-)
I love your artwork - gorgeous colours and textures!
Like you, all is icy where we live too - it's fine on the main roads but getting there is hair-raising! So I don't drive out in these conditions so there's been plenty of crafting here too.
Have a good weekend,
Denise x

menopausalmusing said...

Great drawings and what a lovely little bird from Chrissie. Re your posts that have been removed: I am sure all your regular readers will understand. ;O)

Sue said...

Love the drawings. Bit of a cheek about the posts but I suppose you are right about wanting a quiet life as the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

Pam said...

Hmm, not sure about the posts, but...