Thursday, 10 March 2011

This and that


As promised, photos of the rest of my stash busting activities - my total output for the year so far!  First a really snuggly lap blanket knitted in Sirdar Squiggle super chunky - a very fast knit on size 10 needles.





A new great-nephew arrived a week ago - he was born in the Middle East where his parents are teachers (fortunately, not in area of unrest).  I shall keep this in hand until they visit in the summer when he'll probably need a few woollies!  I've now got some thin cotton yarn to knit a little slipover more suitable for their weather.

And last but by no means least, baby E for whom I made a lot of clothes last year, has just celebrated her first birthday and this doggy person is waiting to be packed and sent.

He's knitted in Sirdar Snowflake and is very soft and cuddly - I wonder what she'll call him, we've named him Woof!




It's been a busy week - another trip to Opthamology but now M doesn't have to go back until November,  a trip to Cardiff with daughter (no photos, but we had a great day catching up with a city where we lived for 15 years in the eighties and nineties), and at last I've started transforming my little office shelving and cupboards from this:
To this:




Something I've been wanting to do for about two years.  I'm using Annie Sloan paint on the woodwork and it's realy nice to use.  I like the green wall but I can't match it so I'm probably going to paint the walls blue - I'll keep you up to date, it's going to take me a few days and two coats on everything.

Three people have asked me about the pattern for the logcabin throw.  There are several patterns online, but I'll do a tutorial and post it as soon as I can.   I'm also hoping to knit a few throws for sale as I've also had enquiries about that and some baby items both knitted and sewn.   I'm still working on some sewn quilts and throws - I find it more difficult to get a good session on those but I keep trying!

Had the details today for the postcard swap I've joined - sounds really exciting.  Must get the room sorted so I've got somewhere to work on it.  Must stop now as I'm late with the lunch - big problem......

5 comments:

Catherine said...

I love the dog, he reminds me of TinTin's dog, Snowy! White painted woodwork looks so much better

Gina said...

That is the cutest little dog! I have a dresser that I'm planning to paint with Annie Sloane paints... not past the planning stage yet! Looking forward to swapping postcards.

Pam said...

Goodness, aren't you clever and productive? I particularly love the dog and the log cabin throw. Possibly even I might be able to knit that. (Or possibly not.)

Ticking Stripes said...

Gosh - you have been busy, I haven't found an Annie Sloane stockist yet - can't wait to see the full range - some of those I've seen on blogs look really nice.

menopausalmusing said...

Love the look of that really chunky yarn in first photo and the little dog is just so cute!