The latest in the Postman's Knock postcards came from Penny. It was beautifully wrapped and tied with wire and pearly beads. Inside was this lovely card made of hand painted silk, beads and a little fish charm.
With a quote from the Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner on the back - think it's actually 'nor any drop to drink' but it's one of those quotes that has become changed by general usage like 'all that glitters is not gold' where in Shakespeare the word used is glisters, which I rather like. Penny says her husband says it and he's a Mariner, but not ancient!
I can't show the card I sent to Jo on the theme of collections and collectables, because it hasn't appeared on the blog yet - I hope it's not got lost, I posted it on Thursday and it only had to go 13 miles!
I can't show the card I sent to Jo on the theme of collections and collectables, because it hasn't appeared on the blog yet - I hope it's not got lost, I posted it on Thursday and it only had to go 13 miles!
H and I have been struggling to put the musical instruments and books back downstairs today - very hot and sticky weather here so we've been huffing and puffing rather. Watch this space for photos of the finished rooms later in the week. Waiting for a garage to call about test drive for a new (used) car - hope they call soon as time is short this week and daughter and partner are desperate to have our current one. Wish now I'd just driven over and stood about on the garage forecourt but I needed to do rather a lot here......
No comments:
Post a Comment