Thursday, 28 July 2011
Weather Warning
Tomorrow is my birthday - one more year to go until I would have got my pension if they hadn't changed the rules. I'm issuing the usual warning - it always rains on my birthday. This as been a family joke for as long as I can remember - especially as my mother's birthday was also in July and it was usually hot and sunny. Apparently, I was born during a spectacular thunderstorm after several days of brilliant hot weather.
I got a letter asking me to go for breast screening - on my birthday, I ask you, so I altered it and went yesterday instead, but I still have to go with daughter for her hospital appointment so we've decided my birthday will not officially start until lunchtime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Happy birthday - hope that whatever the weather you will have a good day and who knows this year might just be the year the sun stays out for your special day!
Very Happy Birthday for tomorrow afternoon.
The garden needs the rain, but please let the decorating work finish first. Please!
Congratulations.....you've got your rain! You might have waited for the afternoon, as requested.
Happy Birthday Jane. I really hope it's not raining on your parade today and that you have a lovely day! Lesley
Sorry, Judith. I really don't have any control over it - it would be funny if I walked about all day with the rain cloud just over me like a cartoon character! I do think it's been particularly excessive today though.
Belated Birthday wishes Jee.
Hope you had a good ay despite the weather.
Post a Comment