| Views towards the Cotswolds imitating Japanese art |
| The view towards Worcester (completely vanished) makes us feel as if we're on the coast |
Well, thank goodness October is over. I may be tempting fate, but I'm sure November can't be as bad. In fact I shall be pleased when this whole year is over as we've lurched from one crisis to another. I already felt that the broken arm had lost me most of August and the whole of September, but October has been full of difficulties and sadness - it can surely only get better.
Thank you to all the bloggy friends who missed me and emailed to find out if I was OK. The arm is now back to working order in most ways - still have a numb thumb which is improving and it aches if I do certain things, but being able to drive again is wonderful. I have to go back for a check up in December.
I'm back to knitting but I'm being careful to choose only things that use small numbers of stitches - photos will follow in another post. I'm well stocked with fabric after the latest local quilting show, so hopefully the new sewing machine will come into its own in a few days, once we've finished sorting a few things out in the house.
We've had some fabulous mornings here lately - the landscape looks like a Japanese paintings with the mist in the valleys between us and the Cotswolds or Worcester depending on which way you look. I'm off later to a much-postponed lunch with a friend in Ledbury and the sun is struggling through the mist so we might get a few nice hours during the middle of the day.
9 comments:
Good to see you back, and I really hope this is a turning point for you all.
Those early mornings have been so very Japanese.
Long time no hear. Glad to have you back. I kept meaning to e mail and see how you were but October seems to have passed us all by in a flash. That visit to the mail box for me cost you dear this summer didn't it ? I hope the arm continues to improve Jane. Lovely photos by the way. Just beautiful.
Welcome back! Your Cotswold photographs are stunning. Hope to see what you are knitting soon
I hope November brings you smiles.
Hopefully all the bad stuff is behind you now and you can look forward to better times.
I can understand how being able to drive again is such good news, it's so liberating not to be dependent on others to get out and about.
xx
I'm so glad that you are back behind the wheel, you must feel so liberated. The pictures are stunning, they do look very Japanese.
I was in Worcester yesterday, it was a lovely day!
I really hope that November brings you warmth, but like you I can't wait for this year to be over and the new one to start afresh x
So glad that you are with us again, Jane, the mornings are so beautiful just now. Drive and knit with circumspection, lol!
Well wander over to the postmans knock blog and see if you fancy the idea of a Christmas "do"? Something to lift any remaining gloom!
Glad you are on the mend.
Post a Comment