Friday, 23 December 2011

Merry Christmas


A quick trip to Staples for toner, and I couldn't resist buying this cheery chap and his green friend for a tenner. He's on wheels so very useful to shove behind the sofa or under a chair or table and he makes me smile.  I'm going to put these into him and take him down to the sittingroom to wait for Sunday.





A report on the radio at this moment says that 12.44 today is the busiest time of the busiest day for Christmas food shopping.   I'm waiting for Abel& Cole to deliver mine for the princely sum of 99p, thus saving my sanity and blood pressure,  and I shall do a lot of advanced cooking tomorrow - it's only taken me 36 married Christmases to get to this point.  Everyone except M hates turkey so we have duck, M won't eat duck so I shall cook a turkey breast for her, otherwise sprouts and parsnips and roast potatoes are to the fore.   Daughter's partner hates all Christmas spices and dried fruit so chocolate pudding and sponge cake needs to make an appearance and this is the only time of year when H eats cheese since his heart problems so as long I remember to take it out the fridge and he can be persuaded to find some wine from his store before we're all sitting at table, all we have to worry about are M's derogatory comments!


   Hope you all have a very good Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.  And thank you for continuing to read even though I've been  rather less of a good blogger of late.

6 comments:

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Merry Christmas Jnae. You've been through the mill a bit this year - I still feel guilty that you were posting to me when you tripped over - and now you've got all these culinary issues to sort out but I think you're a do-er and will secretly have it all organised. Looking forward to more blog posts in 2012.

Joanna said...

I had my lovely Abel and Cole delivery yesterday, all present and correct (and with free gifts!). All stress free and substitute free (previous supermarket Christmas food deliveries have been a nightmare with daft substitutions).

Loving your cheery orange crate!!

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

x

Anonymous said...

I hope that there are not too many derogatory comments, no-one should have to have those at this time of year.

Wishing you Peace and Joy.

Relatively Retiring said...

Very Happy and Totally Derogatory-Free Christmas to you and yours!
Keep smiling as widely as your bin.

See you next year.

Country Cottage Chic said...

Turkey isn't popular in our house either, so it's chicken & gammon here.

Hope you have a lovely Christmas!

Shaheen said...

Merry Christmas to you.

See you next year.