Wednesday, 28 December 2011

Seasonal Conversation

In the Morning shower:

M:  You know that lovely chocolate cheesecake with the brownies on top?

J:   Yes?

M:  Did you make it?

J:   No, I bought it from Able & Cole because R hates Christmas Pudding and I wanted him to have something nicer than chocolate pudding.  

M:  Hmm, thought you didn't.  It was the best thing I ate all Christmas.
 
On the telephone:

M:  No, I didn't go downstairs and have Christmas lunch with them - I wanted to watch a Poirot.

To D and R saying good bye on Boxing Day:

R:  Thank you for our present, we'll see you next year (they're busy until next Monday).

M: I hope not, I want to be dead by then.

To H:

H: Here's the cough mixture, then.

M: Good.  That cough mixture is good.   Those daft pastilles aren't any good, they aren't even for coughs.

H: Oh, that's probably why it says for coughs and catarrh on the packet then.

M:  Well I can't see that with my eyes.


As my brother was wont to say when my sister had a tantrum - 'Good here int it!'

I'm now officially a bad daughter-in-law - I didn't go up to help M dress in time as I thought, having for once slept till 8.45 she might not be ready at the usual time.  I reckoned without the non-flexible schedule .......  My Christmas present may be taken back :)

Still can't find a source for this terrific photo, so if you know tell me and I'll acknowledge.

5 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

It's a good job you are able to see the funny side isn't it? You are a saint - I know I'd have crowned her long ago if she was here! Best wishes for 2012.

Anonymous said...

I truly don't know how you manage, you must be made of steel. If only things could improve!

Good luck for next year.

Joanna said...

All I can say is "keep calm and carry on!"

How on earth do you keep calm and carry on? I couldn't.

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Jane. You are a saint and you deserve a medal.L x

lynda said...

THe comments made my day but I would want to throttle her if she lived her! "God give me patience and I want it NOW"!!!!
Best of luck - enjoy your blog and lovely handmade goodies!