Thursday, 9 February 2012

Waiting

I shopped in packed shops this morning, everyone stocking up against the snow.  I only wanted milk and bread and I tried hard not to get caught up in the panic, but I did buy a few cupboard and freezer items.  I got stuck in a traffic jam both going and coming back - some problem with a water main, so it took me most of the morning just to buy a few items and make an all important trip to the pharmacy at the Dr's surgery.  The thing that always worries me most about possible snow is whether we're up to date with M's prescriptions - and there are so many of them, none of which seem to coincide.  Her surgery won't issue repeat prescriptions until you have only a weeks supply left of any tablet and her eye drops have to be discarded every 28 days, so it's quite a full-time job keeping track of everything.
It's raining as I write, so I suppose that will turn to snow later.   It can do what it likes now, I'm going to put my feet up and finish E's hoodie - wonder if H can be persuaded to go and do organ practice so I can watch an old film!
Keep warm and safe everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing this morning but just for me. No hold ups though and very few people in the shops. The petrol station was packed though.

Pam said...

Snow? Up here in Edinburgh it's not even frosty. (Famous last words...)

Marigold Jam said...

Hope you have everything you need now!

Thanks for your comment on mine. I am in a state of great anxiety here as my daughter is due back tonight and planning on driving from Gatwick to Somerset - weather watching has never been so fraught!