Daughter offered to Granny sit last week so we took her up on it and escaped. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't actually doing us any favours, cold wet rain most of the time, so we went here. I must admit the interior of the house wasn't a total success with us, there's so much to see and even with timed entry it was crowded and hot - so a bit claustrophobic and difficult to concentrate. Outside, however, is lovely, only marred by the rotten weather on the day we went.
I'm afraid I rushed out without the decent camera so these are off my phone. The lovely tones of the Cotswold stone aren't brought out so well by the grey day but it would spectacular in the sunshine. There were lots of nice things in the shop, but H wasn't in browsing mood so I didn't spend anything!
The Spring garden show is on at the Three Counties showground at the moment but I can't go this year - can see the carpark which is absolutely packed from first thing. There's a Quilt show on Thursday until Sunday so I might manage that as a friend is coming up from Cardiff - depends how other things pan out this week. Lots of things going on here but not for blogging about. We struggle on ......





8 comments:
So glad you got a bit of time out, even in grey weather.
Good for daughter. You deserve a bit of escape.
Hi Jee, just popped by to say hello and thanks for the comment. The house looks lovely from the outside, a shame about the crowded interior though. We are possibly coming to Tewksbury in August so will have to keep it in mind. Lovely to read your posts, keep it up 'cos I do believe that writing about anything to strangers can sometimes help you deal with the other stuff going on in our lives. X
oooh one of my favourite places. I could spend hours in there.
Mm, don't like crowds either. Glad you got away and crossing fingers for quilt show for you. Sending hugs.
We LOVE Snowshill Manor! Must take son, DIL, and grandkids next trip.
I usually get over to the UK for Quilts UK but no trip this May...I hope you get there so you can report for me and please tell us if there is anything out that is new and different!
Missing the Malvern Hills..Lynda from USA
must confess I adored Snowshill, but for some reason not the basement! When we went fields on the way were smothered in lavender and the scent stretched for miles.
hope things are too trying for you at the moment
Elaine xx
ps Bruce sends special pink-wiggly-nose-bit wiggle!
Think I might have enjoyed the interior more without husband in tow - he doesn't share my fascination with accumulated treasures! Though I agree with you, Elaine, about the basement. Still it was very nice to get out despite the rain.
Post a Comment