Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Lucky Me!

Image by Suzanne Gummow from the Beneath Southern Sky Exhibition which will be on display at the Festival of Quilts at the NEC, Birmingham next week.

H has at last bought a smartphone and we've managed to link our calendars - rather H has linked his calendar and I had to create one as I keep everything a) in my head and b) on a paper calendar in the kitchen when I remember to write it down.  One of the dates I added was the Festival of Quilts which runs at the NEC in Birmingham - strictly speaking just outside Birmingham - next week 8th -11th August, and thanks to the miracles of technology I realised that Thursday 8th was actually free and H will be at home. 
I hadn't got round to getting a ticket when I read this post on Janet (Clare's) blog  and, lucky me, she emailed after I left a comment to say she would send me a ticket!  I've had Janet's book, Freya and Fred, for some while with plans to make several things, and I'm looking forward to see her newest one and to meet Janet and her Mum.  I'm constantly cheered by the kindness of the blogging community and it's lovely to occasionally meet another blogger in person.  So, is anyone else going on Thursday? I expect to get there reasonably early and stay to about 3.00.  I must try to remember to take photos this time, if only with the camera phone.

Monday was my birthday, so Daughter, Grand-daughter and I went to Tewkesbury and had a pleasant cafe lunch and a potter round the shops.  It rained, of course, as it always does on my birthday but it was only showers and we dodged those.  The next birthday on the horizon will be Grand-daughter's first in October.  She's an absolute delight at the moment. crawling and pulling herself up on the furniture and waving and clapping. She is also very vocal and shouts with pleasure when something pleases her and has a really deep throaty chuckle when amused.  We are to have her one day a week from September when Daughter goes back to work - she's the perfect anti-dote to M.


3 comments:

Gill said...

I also managed to get a ticket from Janet and I'm hoping to go Thursday too!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the exhibition, I hope you see all the people you want to.

It sounds delightful to have your GD every week.

ted and bunny said...

you're so clever to get a Smartphone, I'm still dithering cos I'm a bit cowardly when it comes to things like that. . .I need a 3-year old to show me how to use it!

Hope all is well with you and yours,
lots of love from me and from Bruce of course
xx