Thank you to everyone of you who have emailed to ask if I'm alright - yes, I am but everything has been a bit manic. I can't actually say that any one thing has happened to take all my time, though this person takes a lot of it:-
Isn't it lovely to be not quite two and
have your first bucket and spade? Especially when your other
grandparents are sensible enough to actually live at the seaside.
H and I went to Norwich for three days in May (holiday, you ask? No, we took the Virginals (see this post) to be regulated by its maker) Actually, we loved Norwich and wished we'd had more time there, especially as it's a trek of a journey from here.
Lovely to find independent shops like this department store - great teacakes in the cafe!
H's field of study is the medieval period and he specialized in the Medieval Mystics as part of his first degree, so it was a treat to go to the church (sadly flattened in WW2 by bombing, but now rebuilt) where Julian of Norwich was an anchorite. I'll try and find time to write a longer post on her, and some of the lovely musical things we found in the cathedral soon. This is just a pop-in to say I haven't disappeared. On Weds I'm off to Winchester for two days with a friend. Hopefully, the weather will be tolerable and we can sit around drinking coffee and watch the world go by which is just what we both need.
To quote the best know line from Julian's writing 'All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well' It gets on some people's nerves I know but it would be nice to believe it might be true. Take care all.





7 comments:
How lovely to see you back again, especially with the little one playing with her bucket and spade.
Shame you had so little time in Norwich, it is one of my favourite cities.
Enjoy Winchester and your meeting with Sue, I hope we shall hear all about that?
Yes, I am looking forward to it too. I'll email time etc when I get back.x
Glad you're still around!
Winchester was great - on my list to blog about.
Thank you, Isabelle. I'm reading and enjoying blogs but don't always find time to comment (or read on my phone and think it's too fiddly to write what I want to say). Hoping next month will be a bit quieter and I can blog more.
As long as you are busily enjoying yourself, that's all that counts.
Hi.
Hi Zhoen, Thanks for that. I am mostly enjoying myself - it's a novel experience.
Post a Comment