Tuesday, 29 March 2011


It's pouring with rain here today, so I thought you might prefer some photos of my activities last week instead.  On a trip up to my friend's farm with my camera,  I caught lots of curious faces:
 
What do you suppose she's looking at?  Must be us we're so photogenic...

 Just look at our beautiful eyelashes.

No, she's looking at me


'Cos I've got a secret


 But she might be looking at my lamb.....


Or me!


Other members of the farm were also eager to be photographed - can you see the other pair of eyes in the second version of this photo? 



But some were much too superior to bother moving from their preferred spot.


My friend, Marion, and I had a great lunch in a Tenbury pub and visited Burford House
We didn't buy anything in the house, though we saw plenty we would have liked to buy.  It's worth a trip if you're in the area - there's a good cafe and a garden centre too.    I drove home via Worcester and had a cup of tea with daughter - H is more or less housebound at present as he has the awful dizziness back again, so I didn't have to worry about M for once.

On Friday, daughter and I went to the show at the NEC and spent a happy few hours pottering around - with frequent stops for food and coffee.  We particularly liked the knitted display rising funds for the RNLI.  It represents a coastal cliff and beach and you can walk through under the sea.  Apparently 2000 knitters have taken part knitting anything from squares for the sea and the cliff to fish, seagulls, jelly fish and even a sea monster.  I'm afraid the photo isn't brilliant as I was using my phone, but there are some better ones here


We managed to find Joanna (http://www.thingshandmade.blogspot.com/) who is taking part in the postcard swap. She was helping on a friend's stall.  Friday is the day for posting our first efforts and I have now got mine finished- some people have done lots in advance, but I'm relieved to have the first one ready.  We'll be posting what we receive on this blog, so can't wait to see what everyone's been up to.

This week is not to be filled with outings and jollities - I've been cleaning carpets yesterday and this morning, H has a Dr's appointment later in the week to try again to get something done about the dizziness, and M's new glasses are coming on Thursday.  Still I should get some knitting done, and then there's the next postcard to think about - they're fortnightly now so must get into the swing.  (And there's the small problem of the neglected garden to consider too.)

6 comments:

Joanna said...

What an interesting post - you have been out and about! Good to hear you've got your first postcard completed - I almost can't wait to post mine on Friday, and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone gets.

Hope the dr's can do something about H's dizziness, it must be horrible.

x

Gilly said...

I love the photos of the farm animals - they look so happy and well cared-for.

And the NEC show must have been wonderful!

menopausalmusing said...

Great photos of cows.... Glad to know you have been out and about. Looking forward to the swap!

Catherine said...

Lucky you getting to the NEC exhibition! It sounds like you had a good time

Jane Housham said...

What a lovely farm. I could almost smell the fine rich smells.

ted and bunny said...

hello dear Jane, what lovely pics- came over here and it was just like being at home with the cows n cats.

Thankyou for the lovely comment you left, and for all the lovely comments you always leave- I seem to be in such a rush at the moment I don't get enough time to come and say thankyou as much as I would like.

I hope all is well with you and you're managing to keep some time for yourself.
xx