There are kids
and nanny goats
and billy goats.
And they come in tan as well as black.
And there are quite a lot of them.....
These little chaps are even smaller
but they've survived the years better than some of the larger animals. These were all made as children's toys - I don't remember hearing that anyone choked on them or got them stuck in their ears or nose, but these days they would be sold as collectors items for over 14years old I expect.
Anyway, they give me pleasure and have done for many years. There's lots more both lead and plastic lurking in drawers here - some even get to have a turn on the shelf occasionally, so I may post another couple of collections. Just heard there's a toy collectors fair on Monday at the Three Counties as well as the Flea fair - that could be dangerous....
6 comments:
They all look so sweet in their little family groups. Lovely collections.
These charming little collections bring to mind my own childhood collection of small glass animals. I can still see them all, especially a little red monkey.....where did they go?
Perhaps I'll see some of them at the Flea Fair!
Those are lovely
You made me laugh out loud at your comment re being for collectors over 14 years old. I love the rabbits. Amazing that so many of these toys survived. My brother stuck a toy up his nose (with my encouragement!!) and had to have it removed at the doctors......... We daren't tell mum and so it had stayed there until she noticed a funny smell in the room every time he walked in and then bit by bit she dragged the story out of us and marched him round the surgery for it to be dealt with.
Amazing that we played with these without chocking to death! I, of course, have the horses & ponies...
Jayne
I love them - all of them!
Post a Comment