and because neither child was all that interested in it, they had given it away! When I arrived, a few years later, a horse mad child, I felt sorely deprived.
So, somewhere at the back of my mind still lurks the idea that one day, when I'm rich enough and we have space, I shall buy a rocking horse of my own. The internet of course gives plenty of scope for dreaming and I have found this firm, Legends, who sale horses that are as much a work of art as a toy.
I used this for my latest Postman's Knock card for Jo, whose theme was Collections and Collectables. I was getting worried that the post had lost it, but her postman had hidden it and she didn't find it until yesterday!
The front is 3D and the horse rocks slightly on little springs, and there are more horse on the back and behind the main one on the front, to form a collection.
In the meantime, I can dream. All this round's postcards are now on Postman's Knock.

6 comments:
Ooh...imagine if you still had that rocking horse? I am a rocking horse fan too so bought one for my children when they were young & he lives on our landing now. I have had several Mobo horses too & of course my new One Eared Pony who is on wheels & not rockers.
Jayne
Lovely. The construction of the card is clever too.
He's lovely!
if I win the lottery Jane, then I shall buy you that lovely rocking horse!
Well...if I win the lottery and it's a bit more of a win than £2.00 that is!!
xx
Thank you, Elaine. I keep saving and hoping I might suddenly come into money!
the antique rocking horse is amazing - I am not at all surprised that you regret it having been given away.
Post a Comment